ArcGIS Server – Web Developer
Location: Arlington, VA
6 Month Contract for Hire
Duties and responsibilities include the ability to undertake development and integration of multiple technologies to develop new GIS software applications and programs that create and maintain databases and/or maps to be combined with geographically referenced data. Qualified candidates will have a strong GIS development background with internet web services and service oriented architecture (SOA) technology focus. Additionally, you will participate in the development and implementation of cutting-edge graphics, visualization, modeling and simulation, and information management software products along with experiencing all phases of the software development lifecycle.
· 5+ years experience with Web Client based ArcGIS Server Technology combined great C# development experience.
· Strong experience installing, managing, and developing web-based mapping capabilities using ArcIMS / ArcGIS Server.
· Ability to perform Network Analysis of ArcGIS Server for installations.
· Familiarity and interest in SOA technology, Web Services, ArcGIS technologies
· Experience with modular software design in general and object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) principles in particular
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Enthusiasm for writing great software
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· 5+ years of professional experience in the industry
· 2+ years experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcView, ArcEditor, ArcInfo)
· Development experience with ArcObjects, ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE
· Exposure to image processing, database design, 3D computer graphics, visualization technologies, modeling and simulation
Required Education & Training:
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science, GIS or closely related field.